- We believe there is one God and that He is the God revealed in the Bible (Deut. 6:4)
- We believe Jesus is the son of God and that he was God in the flesh (2 Pet. 1:1, Rom. 9:5, John 14:9, Isa. 9:6-7, John 1:1, John 1:14)
- We believe in the redemptive and active working of God’s Holy Spirit (Rom. 8:1-27)
The culminating event of the Christian faith occurred between the time of the Passover and Pentecost at the end of the Gospels through early Acts. The death, burial, and resurrection of the perfect Lamb of God are the substance of our faith. Many were eyewitnesses to the risen Jesus as “both Lord and Christ”, and heard the promise that was for everyone.
- Our salvation totally depends on the work of God, prompted by his own mercy and grace, not our good deeds. That work redeems those who hear, believe and obey the Gospel message with total commitment, repentance, and baptism into Christ through their faith in God’s power and continue to remain faithful unto death. (Romans 2:7, Acts 2:22-37, Ephesians 2:8-10, Colossians 2:12, Hebrews 10:32-39, James 1:12).
- Our earthly mission involves every member’s participation in the Great Commission to “Seek and save what was lost,” in bringing the good news of Jesus Christ to all parts of the world. As we go about this mission, our testimony must be consistent with a Christ-like life of doing good deeds and supporting other Christians and churches around the world. In imitation of Jesus’ mission, we are committed to remembering the poor by demonstrating compassion to those who suffer by regularly serving and supporting group benevolent efforts through international agencies such as HOPE worldwide and others. (Matthew 28:19-20, Acts 10:37-38, Colossians 3:1-6, Luke 19:10, Galatians 2:10, James 1:27).
- Our motivation to love God, love each other and love the lost is prompted by God’s love for us, demonstrated in its greatest form by the sacrificial death of Jesus Christ on a cross for our behalf (2 Corinthians 5:14-21, 1 John 3:16, Luke 10:27).
- We believe there is one church and anyone who has become a Christian according to God’s plan is a part of that one church (Ephesians 4:1-4, 1 Corinthians 12:12-13)
- We believe the purpose of the church is to glorify God in this world by:
- Honoring God with holiness (Eph. 5:25-27, Heb. 12:14)
- Bringing lost souls the gospel of God (Matt. 28:18-20, Luke 19:10)
- Having deep, one-another relationships (1 Pet. 1:22, 1 Cor. 13:1-10, Eph. 4:14-15)
- Serving the poor and needy in and out of the church (Gal. 2:9-10, Matt. 23:11)